Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Simon & Garfunkel Chicken

Ingredients:
1 Whole Roasting Chicken
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 bunch of fresk rosemary
1 bunch of fresh sage
1 bunch of fresh thyme

Was sitting on my back porch years ago thinking about how to prepare my chicken for dinner . I was drinking some wine and listening to Best of Simon and Garfunkel. When Scarborough Fair came on I knew how to prepare this bird. Yes it's either Simon and Garfunkel Chicken or Scarborough Fair Chicken. You decide. Do you know the song?
First salt and pepper the cavity of the Bird
Next take all the Herbs and stuff inside that cavity. Make sure that bird is stuffed . You can even tie the drumsticks together so nothing falls out.
Place Bird in Baking Pan. Brush lightly with olive oil.
Place in 375 oven for about 1 and a half hours( It's ok if you need the lil pop up timer in the bird). If the skin of the bird is getting too brown and crispy cover with some foil.

I like to surround the Chicken with cut up Red Potatos after they have been tossed in a little olive oil and seasoned with a little salt and pepper as it is being prepared for the oven.

When Chicken and Potatos are done cooking, leave the herbs inside the bird and Carve away. I usually don't eat the herbs . I do however finish my White Bordeaux w/ dinner.

No comments: