Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sauteed Scallops over mixed greens

Well let's see if this works . It may not be for everyone but for me it was just fine . By some nice Large Fresh Sea Scallops about 6 to 8. Make sure you rinse them carefully . In a small sauce pan use about 2 Tablesp olive oil and and a little slice of butter and heat together under low heat. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of fresh monced garlic. I mince my own but you can buy it already chopped in a jar too.Toss the garlic in with butter/oil mixture and sautee for about 30 seconds. Raise the heat a tad and toss in Scallops some fresh cracked black pepper and a little Herbs de Provance . The Herbs you can find in the spice section of your grocery store . Usually comes in a glass jar. Ya know one of those old fashioned Mkcormick kind with that cheesy green lid . Sautee for abot 3 to 4 minutes . I dont like my scallops to be over cooked. Place your scallops on top of Mixed field greens with some red kidney beans ,green beans and some fresh corn kernals tossed into the mixed greens . I usually throw just a splask of olive oil and Balsamic vinegar over the salad mixture before adding the scallops on top. Enjoy. Oh a nice Viognier wine goes good. Oh this meal was made for me by me. Soooo if you need to feed a Hubby,Wife ,Boyfriend , Girlfriend or having some friends over you may need to up the cooking process a little and buy more wine .

No comments: