Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

Falafel for Scott! :)

Ingredients: 2 cans of chickpeas (drained), 1 chopped onion, 1/3 cup parsley, 1/3 cup coriander leaves, 3 chopped cloves of garlic, 1/4 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, cloves, allspice, 1 tsp salt, 3 TBS water.

Put everything except the water into the food processor. Add the water and process until it is a kind of gritty paste. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor quite a bit (less if you double the recipe!).

Chill for an hour. Shape into patties.

fry until brown and crispy or bake in an oven preheated to 400 f. I shallow fried them, but I think baked would be better.

Serve with tabouli, flat bread and hummus, tzatzaki or baba ganoush.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Finally Hooray!!!!!!! I have lately been craving different foods so I think this will be dinner on Tuesday night. Thank you Stacey.

Scott said...

Nice Job . Made this dish Tuesday Night for dinner. I went with a topping Of Tabbouleh and some Tahini sauce inside my pita bread . A nice sandwich. I too fried my falafel but I am going to try baked the next time. Oh for lunch two days later I put a patty of falafel in a container and topped with the same things . Had for lunch and used pita to pick up peices when I sort of cut the falafel.

Stacey said...

Thanks Scott. I love the language you use for your postings :).