Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

SB'S BBQ RUB

Invented on my own and let me tell ya , have one a few first prize rib contests with this rub. It not only can be used for Baby Back Pork Ribs but can also be used with Chicken, Beef and Lamb. I even sold the Baby back ribs in a Fish Market many years ago as a whim and lo and behold we were selling 15 to 20 racks a day cooked and ready to go. This is the rub recipe and it includes my secret spice:
Just pour all of these spices in a nice size freezer bag and save what you don't use .
1/4 cup Pepper Supreme( This tends to be a mixture of course ground different colored pepper)
1/2 cup Paprika
3 tbl sp of Garlic Powder not Garlic Salt
3 tbl sp of Kosher Salt
And the Secret ....... 1/3 rd cup of ground mustard ( I do prefer Colemans)
Shake all Ingredients well in the freezer bag.
When adding the spices to the meat , sprinkle by hand liberally over the meat and then rub it into the meat very well. Any of those spices fall off the meat into the pan? Scoop up and rub right back into the meat. I like to let the meat sit overnight but it is ready to be used now. How does he cook the ribs ? I will tell ya in another recipe. This rub is great for Grilling , Baking , Sauteeing and even adding to bread crumbs or batter for Fried Chicken. Not so good with seafood

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sounds great Scott.. I will await the cooking instructions.. beef or pork ribs?