Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chicago "Italian Style " Beef

2006 .... Chicago Bears versus the NY Jets. I am there. Out of nowhere people taking pitures and the the Bus "My Tailgate Party. Com" show up. Best tailgate food contest. I Prepared my dish. 2nd place . I think it was because I was wearing my Chicago Bear stuff (yup thats my team), It was a Jet Home Game,the guy who won 1st knew the people doing this thing. However you can go to the web site My Tailgate Party .com go to 2006 AFC season and look for the Jet game . Actually there is a pic of me in that cookbook with my Ladle ( a whole nother story but they do mention it and also I am the one who cooks with the fire on the parking lot black top.)

This dish makes a great sandwich during those so called tail gate parties. Again I use the crockpot for easy easy work.

4-6 lb Beef roast
1 pkg dry Italian Salad Dressing mix( you know the kind where you add the oil and vinegar)
1 pkg of dry Au Jus gravy mix( find this in the spice area)
2 tblsp Italian herb seasoning mix
2 cups of water
1 Jar of pepproncini peppers 9 the whole ones not sliced)
6 Nice Italian Grinder rolls( preferably from a nice bakery. Don't buy the soft mushy ones. You can substitute Portuguese Rolls. You want the outside of the bread to be a bit Crusty)

Put Beef in crock pot . Cut into chunks if needed
Add all remaining ingredients over the beef. Just dump that jar of pepperoncini peppers in even with the juice from the jar and those stems on those peppers.
Like the pulled pork recipe, you can start this anytime but need to cook for the 6-8 hours.
When done , the meat will be very tender and shredded.

Slice a nice Italian grinder roll open and fill with the shredded beef and peppers. Eat just like that or...... Pour some juice from the crock pot into a nice cup and dip your sandwich when ready for a bite . Or..... Do like those in Chicago, Take your sandwich and hold tight w/ a pair of tongs and dip the whole sandwich into the broth. Place on a plate and ATTACK with a Knife and Fork.

I'll stick w/ a Chianti

1 comment:

Scott said...

Sorry it may be "Your Taigate Party .com" Its a memory thing , sorry.